Black enamel mug from grandmother's time
Add a retro touch to your table with our collection of enamel tableware. As the enamelling process is carried out manually and not by a machine, it is possible that the enamel is applied onto the unfinished casting with a varying thickness that may cause surfaces to be slightly uneven. Some tiny black spots or pores may be visible. They are, however, part of the typical appearance of enamelled goods. They do not influence the corrosion protection.
This series is produced by zangra in a European factory!
Retro collection of enamel products by Eve
Nostalgic about the past? Then Eve's retro enamel collection is for you ! Go back to your grandmother's time with our enamel products available in several colours.
Enamel is a protective layer of molten glass applied to metal objects to protect them. Enamel is smooth, hard, very hygienic, non-flammable, durable and has a high colour fastness. The enamel layer protects the metal from corrosion. The enamel layer is applied to the metal by hand. Small superficial irregularities and unfinished edges are a normal consequence of this. Enamel products are sold in different colours. Slight colour differences may occur in a single series. Since the production is largely done manually, these small colour deviations cannot be ruled out. The reason we all are so fond of enamel is very simple. This material is incredibly durable, easy to clean and reminds us of our grandmother's era!
What actually is enamel?
What you need to know when you buy enamel products.
* Enamel products are suitable for use in traditional ovens and on hobs (gas or electric)
* Enamelled products are not suitable for microwave ovens (metal!)
* Enamel products can be used on an open flame
* To extend the life of your enamelled items, it is preferable to wash them by hand (even if they are dishwasher safe). Opinions are divided on this. You can best compare it to glassware in the dishwasher. With the right tablets, your glassware will remain beautiful and clear for years. If not, your glasses will become dull with white spots. This also applies to your enamel tableware! Handwashing is therefore safest! The dishwasher is allowed, provided you use the right products and rinse aid.
Are enamel products environmentally friendly?
* Enamel is a good alternative to plastic
* Enamel is a durable material: enamel is a very strong material that does not break, remains shiny and is colour-fast. If you drop or hit it, it may flake off, but it will never break
* No chemicals are used in its production
* It doesn't alter the taste of drink or food
* Enamel products can last for thousands of years without breaking down
Ø 8 cm